R&D Innovation and/or COVID-19 Economic Recovery Grants
R&D is requesting proposals for its Innovation Grant and COVID-19 Grant Program for fiscal year 2020-2021.
The intent of the program is to support research, programs and projects that advance innovation or support economic recovery from the COVID-19 emergency in R&D's program areas: economic development, tourism, agriculture, creative economy, energy, and sustainable development in Hawaii County.
- Award range: $5,000 to $25,000.
- Matching Funds: R&D's matching funds requirement is waived due to the COVID-19 economic crisis.
- Proposal Deadline: Proposals must be received by R&D in its Hilo or Kailua-Kona offices by 4:30 p.m. HST on Monday, June 22, 2020.
- Eligible applicants: Educational institutions, state or county agencies, not-for-profit organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Hawaii, or non-profit agencies exempt from federal income tax by the Internal Revenue Service. In the case of a non-profit organization, members of its governing board shall have served without compensation and have no material conflict of interest. See the RFP for full requirements.
- Award Determination: Estimated date of award announcements, August 1, 2020.
Go to R&D's Innovation Grant Web page to for full details and to download the Request for Proposals and Application Package.