The Information Resources Program collects, maintains and disseminates statistical, reference, and program information to County and State agencies, and the general public.
The County of Hawai‘i Data Portal was created by the Economic Research Organization at the University of Hawai‘i (UHERO) in collaboration with the Department of R&D.
- Hawai‘i County Industry Analysis 2001-2018, published by DBEDT's Research & Economic Analysis Division, December 2019
- The Hawai‘i Data Collaborative, a project of the Hawai‘i Leadership Forum, is a data collection and visualization tool for indicators of well-being in Hawai‘i.
- Census Bureau Quick Facts Hawai‘i County and State of Hawai‘
- Hawaii County Employment Projections for Industries and Occupations 2016-2026
- Hawaii County's Best Job Opportunities - 2026
- Resident Population, By Census Designated Places (CDPs) and District, Hawai‘i County: 2000, 2010 and 2016
- 2015 Hawai‘i County Data Book
- County of Hawaii Monthly Economic Statistics
- Hawai‘i County Historic Monthly Data compiled by DBEDT
- 2018 State Data Book
- DBEDT Tourism Dashboard by Island - Monthly visitor statistics
- DBEDT County Social, Business and Economic Trends In Hawaii, 1990-2017
- U.S. Small Business Administration’s 2018 Small Business Profile for the State of Hawaii
- Hawai‘i Statewide GIS Program: Hawai‘i County Data
- DBEDT Hawaii County Consumer Spending: 2014
- County of Hawai‘i Statistic Archives
- Largest Employers in Hawai‘i County
- Hawai‘i County Employment Projections for Industries & Occupations 2014-2024
- Residential Homes Sales in Hawaii - Trends and Characteristics - DBEDT Report Dated May 2016
- Real Property Tax Valuations Tax Rates and Exemptions
- State of Hawai‘i Department of Labor & Industrial Relations- 2016 Hawai‘i Labor Market Dynamics
- DBEDT provides economic trends data for each county. County Social, Business and Economic Trends in Hawaii 1990-2016
- Commuter Adjusted Daytime Population in Hawai‘i County from the Research & Economic Analysis Division of DBEDT
- The Aloha + Challenge Dashboard tracks Hawaii’s progress on achieving its Aloha+ Challenge sustainability targets. The Aloha+ Challenge is a statewide commitment to achieve six interconnected sustainability targets by 2030 in: Clean Energy, Local Food Production, Natural Resource Management, Solid Waste Reduction, Smart Sustainable Communities, and Green Workforce and Education.
- Hawai‘i Health Information Corporation - Hawai‘i’s Healthcare Data Center
- Hawai‘i State Archives Digital Collections
Self-Sufficiency Income Standard
The Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism publishes a biennial update to a self-sufficiency standard as directed by Hawaiʻi Revised Statutes, 201-3(b)(5). The study establishes Hawaiiʻs self-sufficient family income standards for the reporting year and compares self-sufficient family budgets with poverty thresholds, minimum wage level, median family income, and estimates for actual incomes for the five family types.
National Low Income Housing Coalition
The Out of Reach program documents the significant gap between rentersʻ wages and the cost of rental housing across the United States. The reportʻs central statistic, the Housing Wage, is an estimate of the hourly wage a full-time worker must earn to afford a modest rental home at HUDʻs fair market rent (FMR) without spending more than 30% of his or her income on housing costs.
ALICE: A Study of Financial Hardship in Hawaiʻi
The Aloha United Way commissioned this report to help identify those across Hawaiʻi who are struggling to make ends meet, and to understand the enormity of this issue and the obstacles these families and individuals in our communities face. ALICE is an acronym for Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed.
MIT Living Wage Calculator
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) created this living wage calculator to estimate the cost of living in based on typical expenses. The tool helps individuals, communities, and employers determine a local wage rate that allows residents to meet minimum standards of living.
Housing and Transportation Index
The Center for Neighborhood Technology (CNT) host this data portal to provide a comprehensive view of affordability that includes both the cost of housing and the cost of transportation at the neighborhood level. Data is available at Census Tract levels.
Social Vulnerability Index
The U.S. Center for Disease Control publishes an index that measures the resilience of communities when confronted by external stresses on human health, stresses such as natural or human-caused disasters, or disease outbreaks. Reducing social vulnerability can decrease both human suffering and economic loss.
County Health Rankings & Roadmaps
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation has published annual rankings since 2011. The index ranks counties by health outcomes, and also by health factors that include clinical care, social and economic factors, and the physical environment.
PolicyMap for Hawai‘i County
Data mapped by PolicyMap, an online GIS mapping tool.
DBEDT Reference Maps
DBEDT Reference Maps (Based on 2010 Census Geography). The DBEDT maps are a joint project between the Hawaii State Data Center and the DBEDT Office of Planning - Hawaii State GIS Program. These maps display census geographic boundaries and the geographic distribution of selected census data.
Census Explorer Retail Edition: County Business Patterns includes statistics on retail trade in America, including the growing online market. Explore the number of business establishments, employment and average annual payroll for every county in the U.S. for retail as a whole, as well as online retailers, online auctions, and mail order businesses.
The Region Dashboard provides data on the economic performance and cluster composition of the local economy. Hawaii County Region Dashboard
Source: U.S. Cluster Mapping (http://clustermapping.us), Institute for Strategy and Competitiveness, Harvard Business School. Copyright © 2014 President and Fellows of Harvard College. All rights reserved. Research funded in part by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration.
The Department of Business, Economic Development, and Tourism produces projections for the State and counties of Hawai‘i Population and Economic Projections for The State of Hawaii to 2045.
First Hawaiian Bank provides economic forecasts for the state and each county. Read the most recent forecast for Hawaii County: Hawaii Island Edition 2015-2016. Find all forecasts at First Hawaiian Bank Economic Forecasts
The Summary of Commentary on Current Economic Conditions by Federal Reserve District, commonly known as the Beige Book, is published eight times per year. Each Federal Reserve Bank gathers anecdotal information on current economic conditions its District through reports from banks and interviews with key business contacts, economists, market experts, and other sources. The Beige Book summarizes this information by District and sector.