Deputy Director and Energy Specialist
The Energy Program, managed by the Department of Research and Development, consists of four main areas:
- Regulatory and Legislative Programs – intervene, participate, monitor and serve as advocate for Hawai`i County interests in Public Utility Commission proceedings.
- Renewable Energy Initiatives – implement projects that can save the county and taxpayer money while reducing the impact to the environment.
- Economic Development Projects – develop and encourage economy-stimulating projects in electricity, transportation and efficiency.
- Energy Emergency Preparedness – plan and prepare for energy emergencies resulting from natural disaster, market disruption or terrorism in fuel supplies.
Think Tech Hawai‘i video- "Supporting a Hawai‘i Hydrogen Economy".
Mitch Ewan of the Hawai‘i Natural Energy Institute (HNEI) covers the building blocks for a hydrogen economy, hydrogen policies and plans, and funding for a renewable hydrogen program.
- New: HNEI NELHA Hydrogen Production and Fueling Station Visitor Briefing
- Hawai‘i County Wins National Climate Protection Award - Press Release
- West Hawai‘i Civic Center-PV-Battery Anaysis County of Hawaii – Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Pilot
- County of Hawai‘i Fleet Analysis
- County of Hawai‘i Energy Sustainability Road Map
- Hawai‘i State Energy Office
- Guide to Renewable Energy Facility Permits in the State of Hawai‘i
- Federal Finance Facilities Available for Energy Efficiency Upgrades and Clean Energy Deployment
- Transcending Oil