Miscellaneous Grant Search Resources
- Rural Assistance Center - Free and comprehensive funding database
- Association of Public Television Stations Grant Center - Grant search and writing resources
- American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works - Grants search and writing resources
The BJA Grant Writing and Management Academy is a free online tutorial offered by the US Department of Justice Bureau of Justice Assistance. The program was designed for criminal justice practitioners and state, local, and tribal jurisdictions (including any community- and/or faith-based partners) that apply for or receive federal grants. This training provides an overview of project planning, management, administration, and assessment of federally funded programs. The training encourages participants to think strategically about how they develop and fund projects. Participants are introduced to a variety of methods and tools used to identify community problems, administer and manage projects, and assess performance.
This alternative to grants, loans, and venture capital is growing in popularity. If you are curious on how to get the most from your crowdfunding campaign, take a look at this three minute animated video narrated by Slava Rubin, founder and CEO of Indiegogo.
The Hawai‘i Island Food Producers Fund is a new peer-to-peer online lending program for Hawai‘i Island farmers and Hawai‘i Island food processors utilizing at least one Hawai‘i Island-grown ingredient. This microloan program established by The Kohala Center uses the Kiva Zip platform. For more information please visit The Kohala Center’s Kiva Zip Loan.
The WealthWorks “Guide to Crowdfunding for WealthWorks Value Chains” describes the types of projects best suited for crowdfunding, offers tips on types of crowdfunding income, and includes a list of crowdfunding platforms.
Wefficiency is a crowdfunding site launched on May 22, 2014, by the Blue Planet Foundation. Wefficiency enables nonprofits to install energy-efficient equipment that will lower their electricity bills. Contributors may donate or lend money through the site.
- Foundation Funding Research from the Foundation Center
- Chronicle of Philanthropy - America’s Top Donors
- Federal Spending Research
Nonprofit Organization Resources
- Hawai‘i Attorney General’s Tax and Charities Division
- Hawai‘i Alliance of Nonprofit Organizations (HANO)
- Internal Revenue Service
- Independent Sector